A Learning Management System (LMS) is comprehensive, integrated software that supports the development, delivery, assessment, and administration of courses in traditional face-to-face, blended, or online learning environments.
Typically, a LMS provides educators with a way to create and deliver content, monitor student participation, and assess student performance.
The system also provides students with the ability to use interactive features such as threaded discussions, video conferencing, and discussion forums.
Develop, obtain and collate learning and support content (lessons plans, courses, learning and teacher support material):
- Various tools are used to obtain content: Google, Bing, Twitter, Facebook, etc
- Educator develop content and collate it with Microsoft Word/Powerpoint/Excel/Visio or other publishing tools and save it in Sharepoint from where it is shared with students
- Scadsys create groups in Active Directory from class list/group list which is used to push content to the students
- eBooks and prescribed content can be enhanced with notes and explainations with Microsoft OneNote and saved and shared with Sharepoint - Students make their own notes which is stored on their own OneDrive/DropBox cloud storage
Delivery of content:
- Content stored on Sharepoint are shared with students in the class or group
- Students are notified that content is available or notes has been published by SMS, email, twitter, social media or other means
- Students access the content from their laptops, tablets or smart phones
- Students use various tools to discuss and collaborate on home work, projects, learning and compiling reports - all with Microsoft Office, Lync and others
- Home work/projects are posted on Sharepoint where educators assess and moderate
- The are many tools that can be used to assess student's capabilities and knowledge: Multiple choice, written tests, and the Scadsys Realtime Assessments system
- Assessment results are captured with ScadsysCRM as official marks, comments and remarks
- Scadsys will comply with Sharable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) to integrate with LMS systems